Search This Blog

Saturday 6 July 2013

DIVERSION OR THE UNDREAMT DREAMS?




As a young chap I had things on my mind I really wanted to accomplish and probably not so different were other kids, I remember how I and some other kids used to be questioned by older folks about our future "what do you want to be in the future?" we answering with energetic optimism, say stuffs like “I want to be a doctor/lawyer/accountant/engineer” boldly that it even intimidates the interrogator, making some wish they had better exposure in their time, surest of all was the SANDALILI (standard living) song every child in my time and clan sang with poise.

But as the days grew older and sky attracting the heads of boys and girls as they metamorphosis, the sureties seemed to take a different turn as one time prospective doctor/lawyer/accountant/engineer finds him/herself toeing a different lane, now the question comes to be

1.    Did they loose interest in their initial dream?

2.     Did they just discover themselves?

3.    Is this an undreamt dream?

Personally I’ve never thought of anything else than being a medical doctor and a priest, I grew with them as though I was born that way, but having seen friends deviate from their lets assume original course, so I begin to wonder if I was special or something (of course I am), and though some might have been less fortunate, but three things keep me yet going, my parents who defined purpose and not career to me, early discovery of myself, and the third, my undreamt dreams one of which is writing, I never planned being a writer, as a matter of fact, my younger brother started writing way before I knew I could, but as I discovered an undreamt dream it never distracted me from a known purpose, but propelled me to greater chances, undreamt dreams might just be the lubricant to your engine of purpose but I think we must learn and tag their borders, so  that they won't distract us from our purpose. conclusively I’ll like to urge parents to teach their children purpose rather than choosing careers for them and young folks telling themselves the truth of who they are and want to be rather than live in the fantasy of a though possible but unfulfilling future. Believe in yourself and what you do best, what you can see you can achieve, even your undreamt dreams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment